Heart Diseases (General)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Check Your Cholesterol and Heart Disease I.Q.
- Cholesterol Counts for Everyone
- Easy-to-Read English/Spanish Booklets on Heart Health Spanish / English
- High Blood Cholesterol: What You Need to Know
- Improving Cardiovascular Health in African Americans. Package of Seven Easy-To-Read Booklets
- La Verdad Acerca del Corazón Spanish
- Live Healthier, Live Longer: Lowering Cholesterol for the Person With Heart Disease
- Más Vale Prevenir: Que Lamentar An Ounce of Prevention: A Guide To Heart Health Spanish
- Nais ng mga Pilipino ang Malusog na Puso (Nutrition for Heart Health) Serve Up a Healthy Life-Give the Gift of Good Nutrition Filipino / English
- Nais ng mga Pilipino ang Malusog na Puso (Physical Activity for Heart Health) Be Active for a Healthy Heart Filipino / English
- Stay Young at Heart Recipes
- The Heart Truth: A National Awareness Campaign for Women
- Vietnamese Aspire for Healthy Hearts Don't Burn Your Life Away--Be Good to Your Heart Vietnamese / English
- Vietnamese Aspire for Healthy Hearts Serve Up a Healthy Life--Give the Gift of Good Nutrition Vietnamese / English
- Vietnamese Aspire for Healthy Hearts: Be Active for a Healthier Heart Vietnamese
- What Is a Coronary Calcium Scan?
- What Is a Nuclear Heart Scan?
- What Is a Pacemaker?
- What Is an Aneurysm?
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
- What Is an Electrocardiogram?
- What Is Atrial Fibrillation?
- What Is Cardiac MRI?
- What Is Cardiogenic Shock?
- What Is Cardiomyopathy?
- What Is Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting?
- What Is Echocardiography?
- Women's Heart Health Education Initiative
- Women's Heart Health: Developing a National Health Education Action Plan
Call (301) 496-4236 for more information
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Call (301) 443-1124 for more information
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Stroke [ PDF Version ]
- Evite los problemas de la diabetes: Mantenga sanos el corazón y los vasos sanguíneos [ PDF Version ] Spanish
- Link Between Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease PDF
National Institute of Mental Health
Call (301) 443-4513 for more information
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
Call (800) 352-9424 for more information
National Library of Medicine
Office of the Director
Clinical Trials Information
The NIH funds research studies that you may be able to join. Visit clinicaltrials.gov for a list of ongoing clinical trials.
Check It Out!
Information about pediatric heart disease studies
The Heart Truth:
Learn Ways to Enhance Children's Activity and Nutrition.
Take action against heart disease.